20-50% of people in the United States Suffer From Chronic Pain Issues…
You Know the This Chronic Pain…Right? The type of pain Affects Your Functional Abilities and Quality of Life, The type that “Increases the Risk of Opioid dependence,” “Deprives You of Sleep,” “Affects Your Mental Health.”
At OrthoMed Pain & Sports Medicine, Dr. William Cole Jr., DO, and the team specialize in diagnosing and treating chronic pain. They conduct comprehensive evaluations to “Find the Root Causes” of your pain and develop a plan to fix it. For a holistic approach to chronic pain treatment, call the office most convenient to you or book an appointment online today for our Florida-Based Sarasota or Venice location.
“What is Chronic Pain?”
Chronic pain is ongoing pain that lasts six or more months. Pain is a signal your body uses to let you know that your body is not functioning properly and should be evaluated. Some pain is acute and resolves within a few days or a few weeks after the initial injury or condition heals. However, it can become Chronic and cause Multiple Difficulties in other areas from Compensation, Spasms, Arthritis, Insomnia, Immune Weakness, and Narcotic Use.
Chronic pain continues long after the initial injury or condition and can be disorders associated with “Muscles, Joints, or Nerves” that Do Not Resolve. Chronic pain may be related to an injury, or just accumulate over time, depending on the etiology.
The OrthoMed Pain & Sports Medicine “Team of Experts” takes an Individual Holistic Approach to your chronic pain issues, while offering Conservative, Interventional, and Regenerative Medicine Treatments that can “Help Your Body Heal Your Body,” ease discomfort, and restore your normal function.
“What Causes My Chronic Pain?”
Just About Anything… Really!
Chronic pain may develop from an Acute Injury, Cumulative Trauma, Degenerative Condition, Autoimmune Disorders, Neurological Dysfunction, System/ Organ Weakness, Disease Processes, and Any Disruption of your Bodies Balance from Internal or External Forces.
Chronic back pain, for example, may occur after an injury from a bad fall or lifting something too heavy. Osteoarthritis, 1 of 7 Different Arthritis to Attack the Body, is due to “Wear and Tear,” and may cause joint pain. Cancer, Chemo, and Strong Drugs also may also result in chronic pain…
The Secret if to “Find-It, and Fix-It,” as “You Can’t Fix What You Don’t Know”...
That’s where Dr. Cole and His Team Shine as they Enlighten the Patients with “The Correct Diagnosis,” in order to offer patients “The Best Treatment Plans”
Also, Associated With Chronic Pain may be:
- The Number One Reason for Chronic Pain is…
Improperly or Missed Diagnoses of Underlying Problem or Disorders…!
Additionally, here are a few other causes of Chronic Pain Disorders:
- Headaches and migraines (We are Migraine Experts)
- Fibromyalgia (Don’t Allow This in Your Chart!)
- Sprain/ Strain Syndrome (Does Not Resolve Without Proper Dx and Tx)
- Sciatica ( Dr. Cole Can Resolve With ONE TRIGGER POINT…!)
- Degenerative disc disease (Usually the Wrong Diagnosis…)
- Neuropathies (Usually Missed or Improperly Diagnosed)
- Insomnia (Caused By Hundreds of Disorders, Just Needs the CORRECT DIAGNOSIS)
- Unresolved Trauma - (Physical and Mental Affect Your Body and Brain)
- Osteo/ Rheumatoid/ Septic/ Psoriatic/ Traumatic Arthritis (All Treated Differently…)
- Failed Surgery Syndrome (Stop going to the Surgeon if You Don’t Want Cut!)
- Non-Healed Wounds/ Tissue Tears/Fractures (You Can’t Fix What You Don’t Know…)
Along with Chronic Stress, muscle tension, fatigue, and limited mobility. It may also affect your emotional well-being, leading to anxiety and depression, which is also addressed by “Peeling Off the Layers of Pain and Dysfunction,” like an onion…
“What can I expect during the Comprehensive Chronic Pain Evaluation?”
The OrthoMed Pain & Sports Medicine Team Contacts You Immediately to Discuss Your Issues and Needs, Coordinated Chart Retrieval, Schedules Your Personal Appointment with the Expert Physician, Authorized Your Office Visit, and Discussed Case With Physicians…all before you set foot in the door, to Ensure Your Needs are Met and Issues Properly Addressed.
Our Chronic Pain Evaluation is thorough, as well as the Physical Exam, after Our Expert Team first conducts a Comprehensive Chart Review with Appropriate Diagnostic Testing and Imaging if indicated to ”Find the True Underlying Cause of your ongoing pain… (Which Should Never be Diagnosed as “Fibromyalgia”).
Our “World-Class Physicians” provide care for chronic pain sufferers From All Over the United States, and beyond. We Welcome the “Undiagnosed and Misdiagnosed” Chronic Pain Patients, so they can get the care they need and deserve.
“How is Chronic Pain Treated?”
Again, “That Depends on the Diagnosis, which Could Be Anything…
Hence, Our Mandatory Rules for Treatments Must Be Applied:
- “You Can’t Treat What You Don’t Know,” so Our Expert Physicians Will Find the Underlying Cause of Your Pain and Dysfunction, First.
The OrthoMed Pain & Sports Medicine team creates individualized multidisciplinary treatment plans for chronic pain based on the underlying cause of your discomfort. The pain management specialists offer Interventional and Regenerative Medicine Treatments, including but not limited to:
- Steroid injections (to any ligament, tendon, muscle, bone, joint, or spinal area)
- Facet joint injections (to Stand Straight Again…)
- Nerve blocks (Want to Stop the Burning, Numbness, Tingling, and Electric Pain)
- Sacroiliac joint injections (Resolves the #1 Cause of LBP)
- Intra-articular hip injection (Resolves That Severe Groin Pain)
- Radiofrequency treatments (Stops Spinal Arthritic Pain For 3-5 Years!)
- Suprapatellar aspiration ((Resolves Swollen Knees)
- TarlovCyst Aspiration (Helps Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Immediately)
- Knee injection (Lubrication to Regeneration…)
- Paravertebral nerve block (Diagnostic and Therapeutic)
- Occipital nerve block (Stops Most Migraines in ~10 Seconds…!)
- Parascapular injection (Stops Neck Spasms in ~10 Seconds…!)
- Trigger finger injections (Used Everywhere… Because They Work!)
- Cubital tunnel or ulnar nerve block (Stops Arm/ Wrist/ Hands Weakness and Pain)
- Epidural/ Transforaminal/ or Interlaminar Injections (Injections of Spine Must Be Based on Location of Nerve Compression for Best Results)
- Precision Injection of Any Joint in the Body (Guided, Flawless, and Effective!)
- Advanced Pure Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Regenerative Treatments (Have Your Body Heal Your Body, Better Than Any Drug or Surgery in the World!)
- “Medical-Grade” Topical or Oral CBD (Dr Mary Jane Will Change Your Life!)
- Fluid Flow Amnio-Biologic Regenerative Treatments (NOW COVERED BY MEDICARE*)
- Personalized durable medical equipment (Back, Knee, Wrist, Ankle, Neck Supports, Proper Walkers, Therapeutic Equipment - Paid for by Your Insurance*))
- Properly Diagnosed Nerve Disorders and then receive Proper and Effective Physical Therapy by Physical Therapy Experts, that can assist you with Pain-Free Daily Activity.
Please Note: All Procedures and Injections are “US for X-Ray Guided for Perfect Placement,” as “You Can’t Treat What You Can’t Find”...
Our Certified Pain Specialists may also recommend the No Pain intravenous (IV) infusion to assist with chronic pain conditions like arthritis, fibromyalgia, back pain, and Many Other Chronic Conditions.
No matter where you have Chronic Pain, the team at OrthoMed Pain & Sports Medicine can help. Call Our Knowledgeable Staff to book an appointment today, or try our “Online Booking Service” for More Convenience.