Neuropathies are one of the Most Common health conditions that affects as many as 30% of the population in the United States. Though symptoms vary, neuropathy may cause numbness, tingling, burning, tenderness, electrical, and dermatomal pain. If you have any type of neuropathy,
Dr. Cole believes: “You Cannot Treat What You Don’t Know…,” and therefore the “Correct Diagnosis is Essential” to make a positive impact in patients’ lives.
Hence, the Diagnosis Experts at OrthoMed Pain & Sports Medicine will conduct an “Extensive Historical Review or Charts and Imaging, Comprehensive Physical Examination, Customize Your Treatment Plan, and Perform Precision Based Procedures,” Traditional or Regenerative, to “Enable You to Life the Quality of Life That You Desire, and Deserve…” The Right Solutions can ease your pain and symptoms, and William Cole Jr., DO with his Expert Neurologic Team at OrthoMed Pain & Sports Medicine can help you. Our Neurologic Experts Specialize in Innovative World-Class Treatments to “Have Your Body Heal Your Body” and ease your symptoms, “Without the Unnecessary Drugs or Surgeries.”
Dr. Cole believes: “Nothing on God’s Green Earth Can Heal Your Body Better Than Your Body,” and that “This is the Way Medicine is Supposed to Work…”
Please call our office in Sarasota or Venice, Florida, or schedule an Expert Neurologic Consultation online today! We look forward to Helping You Too.
“What is Neuropathy?”
There are basically 4 Types of Neuropathy:
- Peripheral neuropathy (also called diabetic nerve pain and distal polyneuropathy)
- Proximal neuropathy (also called diabetic amyotrophy)
- Autonomic neuropathy (involuntary bodily functions nerve damage)
- Focal neuropathy (also called mononeuropathy)
One of the Most Common Neuropathies is known as Peripheral Neuropathy, which can result in damage or dysfunction of one or more of your peripheral nerves.
The peripheral nerves are the network of nerves outside your brain and spinal cord and include:
Your sensory nerves transmit sensations to your brain. These nerves give you the ability to feel, taste, hear, see, and smell, with constant feedback so as to protect the body and allow the body to adjust to its’ environment.
Your motor nerves carry information from your brain to your muscles, telling them when to move, making large gross movements like walking, or fine movements like threading a needle.
Your autonomic nerves manage all your unconscious body functions like breathing, digestion, and heartbeat.
“What are the symptoms of neuropathy?”
Neuropathy may affect any of the nerves that make up your peripheral nervous system. Symptoms vary depending on what type of disease and nerve is damaged or dysfunctional.
Common symptoms of neuropathy include:
- Tingling, numbness, or burning sensation
- Extreme Pain resistant to pain meds
- Muscle wasting
- Dermatomal Pain Following Nerve Patterns
- Electric shock-like sensations
- Muscle cramps or spasms
- Loss of feeling in your hands or feet
- Problems with digestion
- Change in blood pressure or heart rate
- Unintentional weight loss
- Headaches, Migraines.
Neuropathy symptoms may occur suddenly from injury unexpectedly or develop slowly over time from chronic repetitive motions. Sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, radiculopathies, and tarsal tunnel syndrome are types of neuropathy that develop from compression or pinching of a nerve.
“What Happens During a Neuropathy Consultation?”
The OrthoMed Pain & Sports Medicine Expert Team Contacts You Immediately to Discuss Your Issues and Needs, Coordinated Chart Retrieval, Schedules Your Personal Appointment with the Appropriate Physician, Authorized Your Office Visit, and Discusses Your Case With the Other Physicians…All before you set foot in the door, to Ensure Your Needs are Met and Issues Properly Addressed.
The Chronic Pain Evaluation involves a thorough Physical Exam after Our Expert Team first conducts a Comprehensive Chart Review with Appropriate Diagnostic Testing, Labs, and Imaging if indicated to ”Find the True Underlying Cause of Your Ongoing Nerve Pain”…
“Structure Determines Function… Or Dysfunction!” Therefore, as Anatomical Specialist, Dr. Cole and His Team Can Help You Get “The Right Diagnosis,” so You Can Then Get the “Right Treatment,” and Get Back the Quality of Life That You Desire… And Deserve!
Your provider at OrthoMed Pain & Sports Medicine first reviews your medical records and asks detailed questions about your symptoms. They perform a physical and diagnostic test to find the root cause of your neuropathy, as “You Can’t Treat What You Don’t Know”...
Hence, and therefore the “Correct Diagnosis is Essential” to make a positive impact in patients’ lives.
“How is Neuropathy Treated?”
Well, that would depend entirely on what your diagnoses are...That’s why Dr. Cole and his Team of Experts focus on Finding Your Exact Underlying Neurologic Problems, Issues, and Disorders. The OrthoMed Pain & Sports Medicine Team creates a Personalized Treatment Plan for your neurologic issues based on the true underlying cause of your symptoms. Our Innovative Certified Pain Practices uses Conservative, Interventional, and Regenerative Medicine Treatments to “Have You Body Heal Your Body” and ease your symptoms, but “Without Unnecessary Drugs or Surgeries'.
Unfortunately, “Failed Surgery Syndrome” is Common, Tragic, and Preventable.
Treatment options for neuropathy may include:
- Steroid injections (to any ligament, tendon, muscle, bone, joint, or spinal area)
- Facet joint injections (to Stand Straight Again…)
- Nerve blocks (Want to Stop the Burning, Numbness, Tingling, and Electric Pain)
- Sacroiliac joint injections (Resolves the #1 Cause of LBP)
- Intra-articular hip injection (Resolves That Severe Groin Pain)
- Radiofrequency treatments (Stops Spinal Arthritic Pain For 3-5 Years!)
- Suprapatellar aspiration (Resolves Swollen Knee Pain and Pressure)
- Tarlov Cyst Aspiration (Helps Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Immediately)
- Knee injection (To Block Nerve Pain in the Knee…)
- Paravertebral nerve block (Diagnostic and Therapeutic)
- Occipital nerve block (Stops Most Migraines in ~10 Seconds…!)
- Parascapular injection (Stops Neck Spasms in ~10 Seconds…!)
- Cubital tunnel or ulnar nerve block (Stops Arm/ Wrist/ Hands Weakness and Pain)
- Epidural/ Transforaminal/ or Interlaminar Injections (Injections of Spine Must Be Based on Location of Nerve Compression for Best Results)
- Sural nerve block (To relieve lower extremity nerve pain)
- Advanced Pure Platelet-Rich Plasma (AP-PRP) Regenerative Treatments to Assist in Rebuilding Your Nerves (Have Your Body Heal Your Body, Better Than Any Drug or Surgery in the World!)
- Medical marijuana
- “Medical-Grade” Topical or Oral CBD That Effectively Works on Muscle, Joint, and Nerve Pain in a Way That No Pharmacy Drugs Can Do…(Dr Mary Jane Can Change Your Life)
- Newly Approved “Amnio-Biologic Regenerative Treatments” (NOW COVERED BY MEDICARE*)
- Personalized durable medical equipment (Back, Knee, Wrist, Ankle, Neck Supports, Proper Walkers, Therapeutic Equipment - Paid for by Your Insurance*
- Properly Diagnosed Nerve Disorders and then receive Proper and Effective Physical Therapy by Physical Therapy Experts, that can assist you with Pain-Free Daily Activity.
All Neurologic Injections are Precision Based (Guided, Flawless, and Effective!)
Dr. Cole has also Developed and perfected the “Sciatic Solution” treatment for patients suffering from sciatica pain, which begins working before your office visit is completed…!
OrthoMed Pain & Sports Medicine also specializes in helping those suffering from a Multitude of Difficult and Unusual Pain Conditions that fail to respond to traditional medicine. To get the Help You Deserve for Your Neurologic Issues, call Dr. Cole and the Experts at the OrthoMed Pain & Sports Medicine Group or schedule a consultation online today at one of our convenient locations on the West Coast of Florida